Session 2: Leadership
Title: Making Construction a “Great Place to Work”
Construction is considered as one of the toughest fields to work in. Making the work environment appealing and making it a great place to work is a real challenge. Focusing on people and especially their emotions and their wellbeing can have incredible results.
As a certified Great Place To Work® company I will suggest ways of how this can be achieved and describe some practices from our company’s experiences and strategies.
- What makes people feel and rate a workplace as a great place to work?
- What is a Great Place To Work® survey?
- How can the survey benefit the company?
Making a real difference in people’s lives
- Impact of a friendly and homely office space on the employees’ mood.
- Respect as the foundation of a positive work environment.
- Promoting the concept of teamwork.
- Training and transfer of knowledge.
- Community/Family atmosphere.
How to “design” the appropriate culture than having one “by default”?
- Is Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) policy part of the answer?
- The role of leadership.
- A simple example of how culture can be promoted.
- Reshaping the Contractor’s image as an employer.
Our people, especially in a difficult industry like construction, deserve an extraordinary experience. One that allows them to be safe, healthy, happy, productive, motivated and to be their best selves at work.